If a fan of Poker is a bit dull of regular game’s battles, one of the possible way outs is to play Poker tournaments online. The rules remain the same, but the structure and the process is filled with more emotions and multifarious options. It can be free play Poker tournaments or the same for living. Such battles can be easily found at practically all well-advanced online casinos or special Poker rooms. The most attractive aspect of such pastime is an opportunity to compete against real opponents, but not a soulless computer program.
Poker tournaments – the basic guide for beginners
There are many well-known resources with an opportunity to participate in Poker tournaments. The structure doesn’t differ much, and the main otherness is the type of Poker and prize funds. There’s one interesting peculiarity of real money or free play Poker tournaments – the game is played for real money, but not with real money. That means that players, usually, pay the entry fee and receive the chips to play for.
When the competition is over, the calculation of the dibs lead to the wins, which players receive, depending on the achieved place. As an example, if there were 10 opponents and each of them paid 10 CAD of entry fee, the prize fund is 100 CAD. Well, the winner receives approximately 50 CAD, e.g., the runner-up gets 30 CAD and the 3rd place is rewarded with 20 CAD. Or it can be different, depending on the resource’s rules.
Online casinos and Poker rooms offer a variety of tournaments, where the most sought after are the following ones.
- Sit & Go is a small battle against 6 or 9 opponents (usually), when it takes short time to identify the winner.
- Freerolls are the most popular free play Poker tournaments with no entry fee required, but with an opportunity to gain real money. And in spite of having not big rewards, it is always attractive to get something without spending anything from own pocket.
- Multi-Table Tournament (MTT) is a special and big event that is often a part of a major competition.
- Bounty Tournaments are the battles, when a participant gets additional prizes for eliminating the enemies.
- Turbos are the tournaments with quick blinds levels’ changes to make the process very fast and exciting.
As it can be seen from the above mentioned list, every fan of the game has a great choice to find something special and suitable to satisfy personal gambling appetites.
Real money or free play Poker tournaments’ tips and tricks
Every Poker player has own secrets of the successful game, while participating in various tournaments, but there are, still, some general rules, which should be considered to increase the winning chances.
- There are 3 main stages of every round of the game: early, middle and late ones. So, it’s better to play tightly in the beginning and to become an aggressive player closer to the late phases.
- Bets’ size is a very important aspect of a successful game. So, as an example, a player is better to raise with 2.5 sizes of big blinds on the pre-flop and to use the continuing bet at the value of 50 – 70 % of the bank.
- Try to control a personal bankroll and don’t let it down less than 10 big blinds.
- Follow the chosen strategy of the game during the whole tournament.
Well, every fan of Poker is welcome to participate in various real money or free play Poker tournaments to get exciting emotions and to earn some cash. Thanks God, it’s not an issue to find an online casino or a Poker room with suitable variants to take part in.